MLB Baseball Odds & Picks: Miami Marlins vs San Diego Padres
Friday, May 04, 2012
by Mike Stewart
San Diego has won eight straight meetings with Miami and 13 of 15 in the all-time series.
The Padres also have captured five in a row at home against the Marlins.
San Diego began its nine-game homestand with a loss to Milwaukee on Monday but rebounded with a pair of shutout victories, including a 5-0 triumph on Wednesday behind five solid innings by former Brewer Jeff Suppan. The Marlins kicked off their nine-game road trip by sweeping a three-game series at San Francisco. Each of Miami's last four victories have come by a single run.
Johnson still is seeking his first victory of 2012 despite pitching well enough to win in three of his five starts. His last outing was not a good one as he yielded five runs and 10 hits over 5 1/2 innings in a loss to Arizona on Sunday. Johnson, who has surrendered 10 or more hits three times this year, is just 1-2 against San Diego despite posting a 2.43 ERA in six career meetings - including two relief appearances.
Bass will be making his fifth start since joining the rotation due to injuries to Dustin Moseley and Tim Stauffer. The 24-year-old is coming off a loss at San Francisco in which posted his first complete game, allowing only two runs and six hits over a career-high eight innings. Bass is 1-0 with a 0.69 ERA in two starts at home this campaign.
1. Stauffer and outfielder Carlos Quentin are on rehab assignments with Triple-A Tucson and could return to the Padres next week.
2. Miami's Emilio Bonifacio is a perfect 12 for 12 on stolen-base attempts.
3. San Diego's relievers lead the National League with a 2.56 ERA.
MLB BASEBALL PREDICTION: Miami 4, San Diego 2
- MLB Baseball Picks & Tips: Milwaukee Brewers vs San Diego Padres
- MLB Baseball Picks & Tips: San Diego Padres vs San Francisco Giants
- MLB Baseball Predictions: Arizona Diamondbacks vs San Diego Padres
- Las Vegas MLB Lines: Seattle Mariners at San Diego Padres
- Las Vegas Odds: Texas Rangers at San Diego Padres