Las Vegas Free NBA Picks: Los Angeles Clippers vs Denver Nuggets
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
The Los Angeles Clippers are in the playoffs for the first time in six years but are still vying for the Pacific Division title. The Clippers are battling the Los Angeles Lakers for division honors while riding a hot streak entering Wednesday’s road contest with the Denver Nuggets.
Los Angeles has won four straight and is 12-2 over its last 14 games. Denver has won two consecutive contests and is in sixth place in the Western Conference.
When: 9:00 PM ET, Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado
TV: 9 p.m. ET, KCOP (Los Angeles), Altitude (Denver)
Los Angeles Clippers (38-23): Los Angeles is in fourth place in the Western Conference and will host a first-round series as long as it maintains its two-game lead over the Memphis Grizzlies. The Clippers play four of their final five regular-season games on the road and know they can’t afford a slide. “It’s going to be fun and exciting, regardless, when it comes to the West,” point guard Chris Paul said. “There’s so much battling and jockeying for position right now. I think, for us, we just want to keep winning games and see how high we can move up the standings.”
Denver Nuggets (34-27): Guard Arron Afflalo has been on a roll in April, averaging 20.3 points and posting five 20-point outings in nine games. Afflalo was especially good in back-to-back victories over the Houston Rockets, shooting 61.3 percent and averaging 23 points. Point guard Ty Lawson also had 20 or more in both games, with efforts of 20 and 25 points. Swingman Wilson Chandler attempted to return from groin and hip injuries in the first of the two games but had to leave after seven minutes and it’s unclear whether he will play again in the regular season.
Los Angeles has won two of the previous
three meetings, including a 103-95 win on Feb. 22 when Paul scored a
season-best 36 points.
2. Nuggets point guard Andre Miller had a season-best 13 assists against Houston on Monday and is averaging 9.8 over the past five contests.
3. Clippers guard Nick Young scored 19 points in Monday’s victory over Oklahoma City for his highest output in 18 games since being acquired from the Washington Wizards.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Nuggets 107, Clippers 104
- NBA Basketball Predictions: Detroit Pistons at Denver Nuggets
- Las Vegas NBA Playoffs Betting Predictions: Denver vs Golden State
- Las Vegas NBA Betting Predictions: Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Clippers
- NBA Basketball Free Picks & Tips: Golden State at Denver
- NBA Basketball Predictions: Denver Nuggets at New Orleans Hornets